Independent Medical Appraiser
Please feel free to call me for a friendly chat about your appraisal requirements
I am currently facilitating all Appraisals by Video link
Telephone: 0203 633 0150
From outside the UK, the number is: +44203 633 0150
or email: email@example.com
My name is Mark Golder
I am a highly experienced and trusted Medical Appraiser and London trained Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon
As a certified Medical Appraiser, I am up to date with the latest requirements for GMC Appraisals and Doctor Revalidation and I meet all the GMC requirements to undertake appraisals for ALL doctors.
That includes doctors who DO and others who DO NOT have a Designated Body.
I provide medical appraisal services which are robust, friendly and professionally supportive. The advice and support I provide, significantly reduce any stress you may experience with appraisals.
I have considerable experience of undertaking appraisals for all types of doctors, irrespective of their background, grade or specialty. This includes hospital doctors and GPs working in the NHS and private sectors, in substantive, part-time and locum positions.
This also includes doctors currently working outside the UK.
I understand the appraisal process may be daunting and stressful.
My approach is to make the process supportive and as stress free for you as possible.
I shall ensure that your medical appraisal is a supportive, positive and rewarding experience and I shall help you get through your Appraisal and Revalidation with ease.
If you do not have a designated body, I can help you with the paper work that the GMC, General Medical Council, UK, requires.
I meet all the GMC requirements for me to appraise doctors who do not have a designated body:
- hold GMC registration with a licence to practise
- have a prescribed connection to a designated body (or a suitable person that we have approved)
- have been recently trained in the knowledge and skills to carry out appraisals for revalidation
- carry out appraisals for a designated body or suitable person
- have carried out at least five appraisals in the 12 months immediately before your appraisal
- confirm with us that they are discussing and reflecting on their role as an appraiser as part of their scope of practice at their own appraisal
- understand the professional obligations placed on doctors by our guidance Good medical practice
- not have a conflict of interest with you and avoid any appearance of bias in the appraisal
- understand the context, scope and nature of work you do
- see and verify the fitness for purpose of the supporting information you take to your appraisal
- refer doctors to us if they have concerns about fitness to practise
- not carry out appraisals for doctors without a connection if they (the appraiser) are in a licence withdrawal process
- be able to give evidence, when we ask, that they meet all the above criteria.
As an Independent Medical Appraiser, I also use my considerable experience to provide supportive and effective UK Medical Appraisals for doctors who are currently under investigation by the GMC, General Medical Council, UK.
This amounts to about 10% of my Appraisal work.
My Appraisal Fee:
Appraisal Fee: £350 – £550
My fee will depend on the complexity of your supporting information
The fee covers my own preparation for your appraisal, me conducting your appraisal and me completing the post appraisal documentation.
I complete the REV 12 form free of charge, if you do not have a Designated Body.
I can arrange both Skype and face to face appraisals.
A face to face appraisal will incur an additional fee of £108 [inclusive of VAT] for hiring an appropriate meeting room, in Central London.
I look forward to hearing from you.
My telephone number is: 0203 633 0150
Mr Mark Golder MB BChir [Cambridge], PhD, FRCS [Gen], FRCS [Eng], FRCPath [ME].
Please feel free to download these Appraisal documents:
Appraisal [MAG] form:
Appraisal supporting evidence checklist:
GMC latest guidelines [March 2018] on supporting information for Appraisals and Revalidation:
Contact at GMC re Revalidation / Annual Returns:
Please feel free to download this invited presentation I gave on “A Practical Approach To Appraisals”, at the BMA, in July 2016: Mr Mark Golder. BMA presentation